What is Personal Training?
Personal Training is when someone hires a fitness professional to create, guide and assist their workouts and fitness routine. A personal trainer sets aside a time of day to meet with you and go through an entire workout- guiding, teaching and holding you accountable to the completion of that workout.
This workout with your trainer happens a couple of times a week and continues to happen for 2 to 6 month (some people fall in love with training and continue past that). In this way the fitness professional becomes a friend and mentor that is there with you throughout the entire journey of your transformation.
Personal training is more than giving you a workout for the day. Because every person has different goals, abilities or limitations a fitness professionals job is also to build workout routines and plans that make sense to you, your body and your goals.
Q. Do I need to be in shape to do personal training?
A. Absolutely not. On the contrary, hiring a personal trainer is one the best things you can do when you begin working out. It is like saying you'd rather start driving a car and later learn how to do it. Dangerous. The best thing you can do is start off with the right information and avoiding taking longer or risking injury trying to figure it all out yourself.
Q. How long are the sessions?
A. We offer 30 minute and 50 minute personal training options. Depending on your goals, fitness level and abilities one might be a better option than the other.
Q. Is it like a bootcamp?
A. No. The idea of personal training is that you perform exercises that are exactly at your fitness level and that are moving you directly towards your personal goals. That might mean making your personal workouts easier, harder, heavier, lighter, simpler or complex. Because your trainer is with you every step of the way they know when it is time to take it easy and when it's time to move to the next level!
Q. Can I work out even though i have a physical limitation?
A. In our experience, yes! We have worked with people with spinal fusions, surgically reconstructed feet and amputees. Having a coach will provide you with the best modified exercise options.
Before you start!
Remember that hiring a personal trainer takes some research. Sometimes it is more than just someone who is going to kick your butt and make you sweat. Having a personal trainer is also about working out with someone you can feel comfortable with!
Your personal trainer will be part of your life for at least few weeks . You want to make sure that you first talk with your coach and ask some questions of your own.
For this reason we offer everyone who is considering hiring a personal trainer to first set up a free consultation with us! It's a great way to meet, talk and try out our coaching!
What to expect during your consultation:
1. Our personal trainer will ask you about your goals, abilities, motivations, health history & possible injuries or concerns you may have. Noting all the important facts about you.
2. You will have time to ask questions as well. Things you want to achieve, things you may have heard, or concerns you may have about working out in general. All questions are welcome!
3. Our personal trainer will take basic measurements of you. Things like weight, body fat, inches around arms & stomach just to name a few (you may opt out if you are not comfortable with this step)
4. Finally you may go through a fitness assessment. Think of it as a mini workout. Though the purpose of this step is more about seeing how well you move and where a realistic starting point would be for you.
5. When your consultation is over your coach will summarize what they saw in your performance and give you a realistic approach and timeline for your goals.
Book your Free Consultation below!
30 Minute One-on-One Packages
50 Minute One-on-One Packages